SILVER ALERT ACTIVATION CRITERIA
Siver Alerts will not be issued for every missing adult and will be issued only when specific requirements are met.
For a Silver Alert to be issued for a missing individual, the following criteria must be met:
- The individual is lost on foot or in some mode of transportation
- The individual is 18 years of age, or older
- There is a clear indication that the individual has a deterioration of intellectual faculties, a physical impairment or medical condition that makes them unable to meet their own needs or to seek help without assistance.
- Enough descriptive information on the missing individual and their last known location is available to assist with their safe recovery.
- Law enforcement verifies the criteria above and believes the missing individual is in danger and may come to serious harm if not located.